Who doesn’t love a delicious and easy dessert? Kunafa is perfect for anyone who loves to indulge in some sweet treats without spending hours in the kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this tasty dessert ready in no time.
In this blog post, we will discuss Kunafa, a delicious and easy Middle Eastern dessert.
What is kunafa?
Kunafa is a delicious Middle Eastern dessert that is made with a creamy filling between two layers of crispy Kunafa dough. It is drizzled with sweet syrup and topped with pistachio slices. Although the recipe varies somewhat across countries and regions, the ingredients used in kunafa are consistent.
Many different kinds of Kunafa exist in the Middle East, including ones with nuts, cream, chocolate pudding, Nutella, or cheese (usually Akkawi or Mozzarella). It can also be fried or baked. Kunafa is traditionally served hot or cold.
Why should you give this recipe a try?
One of the great things about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and frozen. This means that you can have a delicious, sweet dessert on hand whenever you want one, without having to go through the effort of making it fresh each time.
The syrup in the recipe also helps to keep the Kunafa moist and prevents it from drying out, meaning that it will stay fresh for longer. So if you’re looking for a dish that is both easy to make and delicious, this Middle Eastern dessert is a perfect choice.
How to make kunafa?
There are many recipes available on healthy life trainer. Check them out if you want recipes that are easy to make. Below is the kunafa recipe.
- Cream (Ashta)
- Nuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Grease a baking pan with butter, and spread it evenly on the bottom and sides.
- In a bowl, put the Kunafa dough and use your hands to tear it or use kitchen scissors to cut it into 2-3 cm strips. Try to separate the individual strands from each other.
- Pour melted ghee over the dough, and mix it thoroughly (rub the dough with ghee using your hands).
- Pour the dough into the pan, fluffing it up as you go to avoid clumps. Keep adding it until you’ve covered the bottom of the pan completely. Press down on the dough with a measuring cup or anything else that’s hefty until it’s flat.
- Spread cream filling in the center of the pan, and spread it out over the first layer of dough. Once it is spread, fold in any excess dough walls down over the layer of cream.
- Covering the cream layer carefully with the rest of Knafeh until you have a thin layer on top is the key. Using both hands, gently press it down (don’t push it too hard that cream comes out).
- Sprinkle melted ghee over the top
- Put the pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the Kun is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately pour the syrup evenly over the kunafa.
- Allow Kunafa to sit for 30-60 minutes so the syrup is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with crushed pistachio (optional).
- Serve Kunafa warm or cold. Enjoy!
- If you’re short on time, you can make the Kunafa dough ahead of time and freeze it until you’re ready to use it. Simply thaw it overnight in the fridge before using.
- To avoid a soggy Kunafa, be sure to bake it until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- If you want a more traditional flavor, you can use rose water in the syrup.
- For a richer flavor, you can use whole milk in the cream filling.
- Leftover Kunafa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.
If you love cooking or baking, then you should try this Middle eastern dessert recipe. There are also many easy recipes available online for healthy food items like Kunafa. So don’t wait any longer and learn how to make different recipes and enjoy them with family and friends. Thank you for your time!