UTorrent is a relatively small torrent software client that is used to transfer files and data all over the world. Although many people use uTorrent, it is not always exploited to its maximum capacity. Here is a tutorial to assist you and other uTorrent users maximize your results and download speeds. There are several elements that influence download speeds and performance, and this article will cover the bulk of them. Consider this a starting point for improving torrent download speeds.
You must first install uTorrent before you can maximize download speeds. If you already have uTorrent installed, you may skip this step.
All you need to do is:
- First, go to the uTorrent Download Page and get the uTorrent software.
- Once on the uTorrent Download Page, download the most recent version of uTorrent compatible with your operating system. You should have received a file called “uTorrent.exe.” When you double-click “uTorrent.exe,” the installation procedure will begin. After you’ve installed uTorrent, you can begin optimizing.
- Finding your uTorrent Listening Port is the first step in getting uTorrent to function correctly.
- By clicking on Options and then Preferences, you can locate your uTorrent listening ports.
- Select Connection in the Preferences dialogue box.
- Your uTorrent Listening Port should be mentioned in the upper right corner of the Preferences dialogue box. Make a note of it since it is the port that uTorrent need to function properly. Because each uTorrent installation uses a distinct port, your port will most likely differ from the one indicated above. Check that the Randomize port start checkbox is not selected. You don’t want the port that has to be forwarded to change every time uTorrent begins.
- If uTorrent is open, you must close it completely at this point. Check to see whether the green uTorrent symbol is still visible in your notification area (next to your clock). If it is, right-click it and select “Exit.” We need to confirm that your port is open before proceeding with things like picking torrents, seeders, and leachers. You might use free Open Port Check Tools to see if incoming connections to your uTorrent Listening Port are being allowed over your router.
So, how does uTorrent port forwarding help increase the downloading speed?
Port forwarding allows incoming uTorrent connections to be sent directly to your download client, which is essential for a peer-to-peer application like uTorrent to function properly. Without port forwarding, your router will block those connections, and you will receive a poor priority from other seeds. By forwarding your port, you will gain priority and significantly enhance your download speed.
Start using Torrent
It’s time to start using uTorrent now that you’ve installed it and forwarded its port. The first step in running uTorrent is to search for and download a torrent file through a torrent search engine.
We’d like to take this moment to make it clear that there is a lot of illegal downloading and sharing in the torrent community, and limetorrents does not condone or support such behaviour. That being said, there are numerous legal torrents available for free download. Whether you’re torrenting for legal or illicit reasons, the procedure of downloading a torrent is the same.
When torrenting, use a VPN.
Do you use a VPN in combination with your torrent client? If you aren’t, you should be. A VPN eliminates several of the problems associated with torrents, these include:
A VPN conceals your identify from other torrenters as well as your ISP.
A VPN boosts your torrent download speeds by preventing your ISP from throttling them.
By enabling inbound connections to your torrent client, you may boost your seed ratio.
If you’re still looking for a VPN app to protect your internet connection, you need to run a checklist before you buy a VPN. Remember, you need a service that not only keeps your internet connection protected but also keeps evolving, adding to servers and showing geographical variance.
In that case, you could always try Ivacy VPN, a secure connection route that will guarantee your anonymity and. Not to mention, you can buy VPN for as low as $1.19/Mo.
To put it together
Utorrent is the most used software around the world. It does come with its set of drawbacks in the download speed area. Don’t worry just yet, this the downloading speed can be increased using uTorrent port forwarding. This allows incoming uTorrent connections to be sent directly to your download client, which is essential for a peer-to-peer application like uTorrent to function properly. Using a VPN can be of further assist. So, what are you waiting for? Get torrenting!