Gladly, it’s your interview day! Now it is time to figure out how to accessorize and what jewelry to wear. Of course, your choice of jewelry for an interview should be professional. As during the interview you are going to be judged thoroughly your clothing and accessories should be such they enhance your look instead of making you appear overwhelming. While the key here is –less is more.
So, let’s get into this article to find out what jewelry to wear to an interview and whatnot.
Jewelry Items Appropriate For A Job Interview
When it comes to accessorizing for a job interview, it is better to keep things simple and subtle. Also, it is recommended to dress according to the career and company you’ll be interviewing for. Nevertheless, regardless of whatever you wear ensure to keep it simple. Opt for an outfit that is sleek, professional, and has neutral colors. This rule applies to every job field.
Further, to ensure you look sophisticated and ready for the job, follow these jewelry rules:
- Keep your hand accessory limited to a fine watch or a wedding band.
- Wear earrings but smaller and simpler ones such as studs, small hoops, or Huggies.
- If you have multiple piercings, stick to wearing just one pair of earrings.
- Wear a simple, classic necklace like with pearl, pendant, or diamond.
- Wear simple classic rings in gold, silver, or platinum. Need to invest in a quality, professional-looking ring? Find out more here.
The do’s and don’ts of interview jewelry
- Do wear jewelry that has an authoritative appeal and doesn’t steal attention away from a conversation.
- Do wear discreet, reserved pieces that are softly colored.
- Do not try layering necklaces; just a single tiny necklace is apt.
- Do not wear multiple rings. A single ring per hand is fine.
- Do say no to big necklaces with large pendants.
- Do not wear plastic jewelry as it will appear cheap and unprofessional. Stick to wearing high-quality pieces with precious stones and metals.
- Do not wear multiple bracelets and bangles that make a loud sound. This will distract the interviewer.
- Do not wear jewelry studded with bright-colored stones or large CZ stones.
- Do not wear jewelry associated with any kind of political or religious sentiment.
- Do be conscious about wearing expensive jewelry pieces as you never know about the interviewer’s mindset.
So, if want to establish good eye contact and consistent conversation with your interviewer, wearing the right jewelry and outfit is imperative. It is the key to cracking job interviews.
If you are able to nail the look, your employer will be impressed and won’t be hesitant to choose you as a potential candidate for the job role.
If you are looking to add new fine jewelry pieces to your work wardrobe, check out this site and explore a wide range of professional jewelry items.