In this modern era, the involvement of technology has led to changes in several industries. As a result, the way things used to be in the past is not the same anymore. The same is true in the case of small businesses, such as plumbing.
Until now, people only thought of plumbing as something that could only be done locally, and most people never thought of taking the plumbing business to the next level. However, as the world is rapidly changing, tapping into the digital world is the most effective way to secure a future for your plumbing business.
It’s okay if you don’t know how to begin local business marketing. Initially, many people don’t, and that’s okay! In this article, you will learn how to do plumber marketing and leverage the power of digital marketing in your business.
Plumbing is an industry where your ideal customers are not far from you. Generally, your ideal client ranges within a 30 to 40 miles radius of your business. Therefore, the prime target for your digital marketing campaigns will be to target local people. So if you are ready to take your plumbing business to the next level, start with these steps.
6 Plumber Marketing Strategies
1. Build a Website
- A working website that is ready to attract customers is the first and most important thing any business owner needs these days. Having a website boosts your internet presence and increases your visitors’ trust in you.
- When it comes to developing your own website, there are a few things to consider. Planning and creating your website’s layout so that it’s ready to target the ideal customers is essential.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that all of the contact information on the website, such as your current address, email address, and phone number, should be current and operational.
- 89% of people refer to Google to find answers to their questions before making any decision. These people may be looking for a plumbing product, information on how to fix a pipe, or looking for plumbing services. And having an online presence is essential for your business to be found by these people.
- So, your physical store is where you attract customers who are physically looking for plumbing services. With the help of your online website, you attract people surfing online looking for plumbing services. Your website becomes the digital address of the business.
2. Create a profile in Local directories
- Local directories are online yellow pages with various information about the local businesses. They contain information about local businesses, such as business name, description, services, contact details, and other necessary information.
- Adding your business to these sites will allow your customers to easily find your business and contact you, increasing your visibility in the marketplace and building your reputation. In the beginning, you can create free local directories on the following websites.
- Better Business Bureau
- Angie’s List
3. SEO and keywords
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a technique that involves including relevant and related keywords in the text of your website and web pages. SEO is mainly divided into two parts- On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
- On-page SEO involves:
- Improving your page titles.
- Meta tags.
- Image alt tags.
- Surrounding material with meaningful and helpful content.
- Off-page SEO involves:
- link building
- Brand mentions
- Social bookmarking
- Guest posting
- Social networking
- When someone searches using your targeted keywords, Google scans your website and finds those keywords on your page, and determines if it is relevant to the search and should be included in the results.
- It’s critical to choose the proper keywords. If you don’t know what terms your target audience uses to find businesses like yours online, you’ll never rank for those terms, which means no business will come to your website.
- There are many excellent keyword research tools available that can assist you in identifying the best keywords for your business. For example, Google keyword planner and SEMrush (limited free search).
- Keyword planning steps using Google keyword planner.
- Go to Google Keywords Planner and enter your search terms. Alternatively, type “Google Keywords Planner” into your search engine.
- Then click the Google Adwords link that appears.
- Go to your Google (Gmail) account and sign in. You can make one for free if you don’t already have one.
- Go to Tools Keywords Planner from the top menu.
- Select the first option, “Search for new keywords using a phrase, website, or category,” from the section “Find new keywords and get search volume data.”
- Enter the terms you want to target. For example, you can put “plumber” as a search term.
- You’ll find a list of keywords that people are searching for, as well as other information, under the tab “Keyword Ideas.”
4. Get on Social Media
- Social media is the language of 2022. If you are not using social media, you leave a major portion of money on the table. An average person spends 145 minutes scrolling social media every day, consuming feeds, data, memes, news, looking for ideas, and watching how-to videos. This is the right time to engage them with your content.
- Some popular ways to engage people with content on social media.
- To catch the attention of your customers, share some DIY videos. Because of your openness, they are more likely to trust you. And there are still many things they won’t be able to accomplish on their own. They’ll likely call you if they have a greater plumbing emergency!
- Make exclusive offers in return for their email address. Emails are invaluable to any business since they allow you to contact that customer (through email) in the future.
- Businesses gain a lot of exposure and brand awareness by organizing contests and sweepstakes. Run a competition, tell about the prizes and ask people to participate with simple steps and win grand prizes.
5. Write blogs
- Blogs are proof of your knowledge. How can you show your knowledge to people you never know? By saying ‘I’m a good plumber’? Probably not! Right? Even if you are a good plumber, don’t say it, people take it as boasting, and it’s awkward.
- Strangers don’t believe what you say. They believe what others say about you and more than that what you show them. And blogs are the right way to show people how much knowledge you have on a particular topic.
- The most helpful and interesting blogs are how-to blogs, DIYs, and blogs that explain a topic in detail. Your topics can range from how to clean a stained pipe, how to plan a water supply in your area, and more like that.
6. Create videos
- Creating videos and uploading them on popular video websites, such as YouTube, can help you rank better in the search engine and gain more people’s attention.
- Every day, 62% of people use Youtube daily. Moreover, it is also the second most popular search engine after Google. Therefore, to create videos that solve a problem or explain a topic briefly to gain higher engagement of people.
These are the 6 easy and most effective plumbing marketing strategies that you can start right now to boost your online plumbing business. Of course, digital marketing is no easy thing. You may understand the plan, understand the concept but still face trouble executing the plan. But don’t worry; you don’t need to do everything on your own. Instead, hire a professional marketer to plan plumber marketing strategies for your business and execute them flawlessly.
Scorpion offers top-notch technology and marketing services to local businesses that want to grow and accelerate their sales. Scorpion has a team specialized in various marketing areas such as SEO, Reviews, Advertising, Email Marketing, Chat and Messaging, social media, Websites, Lead Management, Appointment Scheduling, and more