When it comes to getting your cardio in, it doesn’t get much more convenient than a treadmill for health. It’s easy to do at home, you can increase the intensity as you get fitter and there’s no risk of tripping over or being caught in the rain. However, there are also plenty of benefits to walking outside as well. Depending on where you live or the time of year, this may not be possible all the time. But if you have access to some great outdoor spots, it could be worth swapping those treadmill sessions for ones outside instead.
Guide for Buying Treadmill
Research shows that both activities are great for your health, but each offers unique benefits. Walking on a treadmill or walking outside offers different physical and mental benefits. Which is better for you? Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of walking on a treadmill vs walking outside to see which is best for your needs and preferences.
Walking on a Treadmill vs Walking Outside: Which is Better?
When it comes to getting your cardio in, it doesn’t get much more convenient than walking on a treadmill. It’s easy to do at home, you can increase the intensity as you get fitter and there’s no risk of tripping over or being caught in the rain. However, there are also plenty of benefits to walking outside as well. Depending on where you live or the time of year, this may not be possible all the time. But if you have access to some great outdoor spots, it could be worth swapping those treadmill sessions for ones outside instead.
Why Treadmill Walking is Worth Doing
Walking is one of the most accessible forms of exercise out there. It requires no equipment, and all you need to do is a pair of comfy shoes. You can do it almost anywhere and at any time of day, meaning it’s easy to incorporate into your daily routine no matter what your schedule looks like. Plus, walking is one of the best ways to lose weight, gain muscle and improve your overall health. When done correctly, walking can reduce your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, help you lose weight and improve your mood. It can even improve your ability to think and recall information. And unlike many other forms of exercise, it’s low-impact, which means it’s safe for people at any age and fitness level to do.
Benefits of Walking on a Treadmill
While walking outside can be great for you, walking on a treadmill has a few benefits that make it a worthwhile choice.
– You Can Control Your Environment: If you live in a busy neighbourhood or have young kids at home, it can be hard to find a quiet, peaceful place to walk outside. If you’re not able to find somewhere quiet indoors, it may be challenging to get in your required amount of exercise. But walking on a treadmill means you can control the environment. You can choose how loud the music is, how bright the lights are and what you’re looking at outside the window.
– You Can Walk in Bad Weather: Walking outside during inclement weather can put you at risk for all kinds of injuries, such as sprained ankles, broken bones or even concussions. If the weather is bad outside, you can easily walk inside on a treadmill and still get your workout in without any risk of injury.
– You Can Get an Extra Boost: If you’re just starting out with a walking regimen, walking outside can be too much for you. Walking on a treadmill at a lower speed with a slight incline, though, can give you an extra boost. You can start out with a speed that’s comfortable for you and increase it as you get stronger and fitter.
Why Walking Outside is Worth It too
– You Can Add Variety to Your Routine: If you’re walking on a treadmill every day, you could get a bit bored. Walking outside adds a little extra variety to your routine, which can help you stay motivated and keep you interested.
– You Can Get More Sunlight: Walking outside gives you the opportunity to get a little sunlight and helps you naturally regulate your circadian rhythm. This can help you sleep better at night and feel more energised during the day.
– You Can Explore Your Community: Walking outside gives you the chance to explore your neighbourhood and get to know your neighbours. It can also help you notice things in your area that you might not otherwise have seen, such as parks, trails and community centres.
– You Can Work Out with Friends: It can be easier to stick to your exercise routine when you’re walking with a friend or even a group of friends. You can walk outside with a friend or find a walking group in your area.
3 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Treadmill Walks
– Start Slowly: If you’re just getting into walking, start slowly. Too many beginners try to go too far and too fast, which can lead to injury. Start with a 10-minute walk, then slowly work your way up to 30 minutes three times a week.
– Mix it Up: Once you’re able to walk for long stretches at one time, don’t get stuck in a rut. Mix up your walking routine by walking inside and outside, walking on different surfaces and varying the speed at which you walk. This will help you stay active, engaged and interested in your walking routine.
– Stay Hydrated: When you’re walking, you’re losing water through sweat. Make sure to drink plenty of water so you stay hydrated and don’t get dehydrated. This can help you stay focused, energised and safe when you’re out walking.
5 Best Treadmills for Your Home Gym
There are treadmills that are available on the market. We have listed the five best ones that are suitable for home gyms as well. Check them out below!
Lifespan Fitness V-FOLD Treadmill With SmartStride
This V-FOLD Treadmill with SmartStride will help you get in your daily steps. Lifespan Fitness is known for its high-quality fitness equipment, and this treadmill is no exception. A slimmer design and smart folding technology allow the V-FOLD to fold 180 degrees for storage options that save space. This treadmill features a high-quality commercial build that ensures its durability and dependability.
The easy-to-use controls and the anti-static belt make this fitness tracker convenient to use. LCD Display shows the data of your treadmill exercise. There is an adaptive speed mechanism, offering you to adjust to the different levels of speed. There is control lock mode V-FOLD which can be operated using the treadmill’s app. Additionally, it serves as an operating remote for speed control, start/stop, and more. With a heavy-duty cast aluminium frame and brushless motor, this treadmill is perfect for heavy home gym workouts.
Treadmill Electric Home Gym Exercise Machine Fitness Foldable LED Lightbel
Tracking treadmill exercise is important. The treadmill comes with an app that records your exercise stats. The foldable mechanism allows you to jog anywhere, whether you’re watching TV in the living room, reading a book in a bedroom or doing just anything. It can be folded away under your bed when not in use.
The Gfit app for both Android and iOS devices can track all your records, and show how you have improved over time. The best part is that you can connect your treadmill to your phone via Bluetooth. Isn’t it very smart to have it?
When it comes to design, the treadmill is equipped with an anti-slip running belt, high-strength composite running belt and shock-absorbing PU running belt. Not least, the machine even has a controllable handrail, which makes it convenient while running.
Furthermore, the electric treadmill runs on a powerful and energy-efficient motor, offering a seamless running/walking experience. Last but not least, the device comes with a massage gun, which lets you warm up before using the treadmill.
Electric Treadmill 45cm Incline Running Home Gym Fitness Machine Black
A true weight loss and toning machine, the Everfit Electric Treadmill will bring you results. The Electric Treadmill offers a compact size and sturdy steel frames for safe cardio exercises inside your home. There is another well-known name in fitness equipment, Everfit, and this treadmill from them is a great machine. The Electric Treadmill offers 12 pre-set training programs that are designed to simulate natural terrain.
Users can adjust speeds between 0.8km\h and 18\km h and monitor other parameters through a digital LCD display with a user-centric design. With a linear power drive motor and anti-slip belt, as well as the soft-grip handle bar with pulse sensors, the machine provides a comfortable and controlled workout.
The product also comes with inclination control that can be adjusted 15 degrees, an innovative double shock control system, a safety tether key, and smooth wheels. Moreover, the treadmill is also equipped with a USB and MP3 connection, speakers and dual drink holders to ensure that it is a stylish addition to your workout.
Rolling it around the house is easy thanks to its foldable design and smooth wheels. Featuring advanced features and multiple sensors, this electric treadmill provides you with an enjoyable workout.
Electric Treadmill Home Gym Exercise Machine Fitness Equipment Physical 360mm
Here is another masterpiece from Everfit. A perfect home gym machine that’s both compact and feature-packed. It is best known for its ultra-silent quiet operation. This sturdy treadmill allows you to easily adjust the level of resistance without having to struggle. A comfortable, easy-to-use and reliable session is assured with the anti-slip belt and soft-grip handle bar with pulse sensors. To ensure you remain adequately hydrated during your gruelling workouts, the dual drink holders keep fluids close at hand.
With an LCD display built into the unit, you will be able to choose from 12 exercise programs as well as see workout statistics. In addition, you can adjust the jogging level and do more using the user-friendly control panel.
When the workout is done, simply fold the compact treadmill up for easy storage. Moving the Treadmill to your preferred spot is hassle-free thanks to the built-in wheels. Featuring power-packed features and a sleek, compact design, this treadmill from Everfit is the most affordable option for home gym workouts.
Mini Treadmill Folding 93 X 36 Cm Black
Looking for a more compact and lightweight option? This mini treadmill is sure to win you over! You can exercise at home anytime with this manual treadmill. The belt moves when you walk forward. Walking faster makes the belt run faster. With its anti-slip surface, walking on it is both safe and comfortable. While you work out, the included monitor records your speed, running time, distance covered, and calories burned.
The foldable mini design of this treadmill takes up little space when folded up. The best thing about this one is that you can adjust the angle of the running belt by adjusting the height of the feet.
With the simple and non-electrical operation, the treadmill is suitable for a walk or a light jog or run. It is, however, not suitable for heavy running or taller users.
Walking is one of the most accessible forms of exercise out there. It’s easy to do, can be done almost anywhere and at any time of day, and is safe for people of all fitness levels. While walking outside can be great for you, walking on a treadmill has a few benefits that make it a practical choice. You can control your environment, walk in bad weather, get an extra boost and add variety to your routine. We hope that this article will help you choose the best exercise for your fitness and pick the best treadmill if the treadmill is the right exercise method for you. If you like any treadmill mentioned above, you can visit our online store at hr-sports.com.au.