Any relationship follows the same concept, but everyone needs to be a little more conscious of every word said in an arranged marriage, as the bonding is not strong initially. Arranged marriage is more prone to divorce if not set on priority. Finding the right partner also helps in developing a healthy relationship. Many matrimonial sites in India offer a variety of profile from India and NRI looking for an Indian partner, and one only need to check the compatibility before concluding.
Some of the points that help to create a healthy relationship:
- Be humble, trustworthy, confident, genuine, positive, and fun: people building great relationships feel good about who they are and always look for something positive in the world. Couples having great relationships genuinely want the best for each other and always want others to succeed. The energy of confident people for their own skin, positive and upbeat, creates an environment where we feel nice, want to be around, and want to spend time with them. They do not gossip about others and keep what we tell them in confidence. Being self-independent and confident, they never feel the need to draw attention to themselves. They always have time for some significant others in their lives. They are life-long learners who are open to and looking for opportunities for self-improvement.
- Be shared and open when the time is correct: we all know people who tell us the whole life story in the first five minutes of meeting us, totally oblivious to the reason that anyone likely has absolutely no interest in listening to it. To have a strong relationship, we have to pace ourselves and share when it is appropriate and at the level that is consistent with the depth of the relationship. For a better relationship, builders show they are sharing the feeling of the other by mirroring the emotions of the partner speaking. Sharing excitement, sorrow, joy, disappointment, and frustration helps to connect us to others.
- Whenever possible, try to share situations from your experience to tell that you could relate to her experiences, but never try to overshadow or compete with the experience. This requires sensitivity and empathy to the feeling. Not a single marriage bureau in Amritsar help to get different profiles but not a surety of healthy relations.
Disadvantages of arranged marriages
- There are numerous financial burdens or expenses on the parents as they spend a lot to hold up to their prestige.
- The Dowry system sometimes might lead to the misconception that may give rise to bitter consequences such as torturing and bride burning many cases of arranged marriages.
- Sometimes due to dowry pressure and higher demands, girls may not get married.
- It is difficult to adjust between the couple, as they are aware of each other’s temperature and attitude.
- It might create conflicts between the partners and the families.
- Marital relationships of the young pair are unsuccessful, and the parents may be blamed. Marriage continuity to adjust to each other,