Today, mini dresses have become a wardrobe staple for girls worldwide. From summer dresses to LBDs or little black dresses, you are sure to find them all in a girl’s wardrobe. These cute short dresses are perfect for all occasions, from dinners, wedding rehearsals, beach parties, and even brunch.
Although mini dresses are cute, you still need to follow a few simple rules to wear them. If you follow these basic do’s and don’ts, you are sure to look your glamorous best!
- Short dresses are all about flaunting your legs. It automatically draws attention to it. Try not to divert attention by completing your look with statement jewellery or an interesting hairdo. Our advice is to complete your short dress look with a pair of stunning stilettos. They are sure to enhance your long legs.
- Add some casual accessories to your fit to give off a cooler and more relaxed feel. You can do that either with a casual blazer or an interesting belt.
- Select the right colour for the dress for the occasion. Opt for bright colours for the daytime. These colours also greatly influence your mood.
- Pick a dress that best flatters your figure. You could have a heavier top and a small lower part of the body. If your body type fits this description, opt for a dress that is fitted on the top and loose on the bottom. This dress type is also suitable for curvy women who are not too confident about flaunting it. If you have a small bust but a heavy bottom, you should try out a loose dress on the top. To balance the look, the dress must be fitted at the bottom. Remember, regardless of what dress type you select, you must feel confident in it.
- Be careful about the underwear and shapewear you wear with your dress. Select ones which offer the best support and coverage depending on the type of dress.
- Use a bronzer or highlighter to create a sexy look.
- You can pair a short dress with stockings. It adds to the charm of the look.
- Do not wear a dress that is both tight and very short. As per standard fashion rules, you must flaunt only one body part when you’re dressing up. So, if you have decided to flaunt your body in a body-fitting dress, opt for a modestly long length. Be assured that you will look drop-dead gorgeous in this look. If you’re a long-legged beauty, opt for a short dress till your mid-thighs. However, this dress must be airy and not too figure-hugging. This combination will keep some of the mystery alive.
- Do not neglect the aesthetics of your legs. Try to get them waxed before you don any cute short dresses. Properly exfoliate and moisturize legs to create a great aesthetic look.
- Do not pick a dress that ends at the broadest part of your legs.
- Do not shy from wearing a mini dress no matter what age you are. These dresses can serve the purpose of looking cute, modest, graceful, charming, and flirtatious. You will surely find a dress to suit the vibe you are aiming for.
- If you are conscious about your body, do not opt for horizontal stripes. This pattern can make you appear bulkier than you are. Instead, opt for the safer bet, vertical stripes.
This summer, follow these do’s and don’ts to be on the top of your fashion game. Let a cute short dress rule your wardrobe space.