Problems never politely knock on your door. They may arrive unexpectedly anywhere, at any time, and can affect anyone. This is why you must be prepared for all sorts of situations, whether they are ultimately good or bad.
Just like when we call for a doctor when we are sick, it is highly recommended that a criminal lawyer be called as soon as possible in any case in which you have been charged with a criminal offense. However, there are some necessary rules and regulations one must follow while doing so.
Experienced criminal lawyers are always recommended to have in case of an emergency. When you have an experienced attorney in case of emergencies, the vast experience of that competent lawyer will make the problems you face easier and more likely to be solved rapidly.
It is recommended that the attorney or attorneys you hire are experienced, professional and skilled in providing expert legal advice so that you can get the right direction and assistance in fighting for your best interests.
A Philadelphia Criminal Lawyer primarily represents individuals charged with crimes in the Philadelphia Court System. They are known to possess experience, knowledge, skills, and relationships in order to successfully negotiate a favorable disposition for their clients.
The lawyers take pride in striving to get the best possible results under difficult circumstances in the many different Philadelphia Criminal matters. Regardless of the crime you are charged with, they can provide you with aggressive representation. They may even further try to help the clients by keeping them informed and updated about the cases.
They are known to handle criminal cases, including murder, homicide, drug crimes, DUI, assault, robbery, white-collar, sex crimes, drug-related crimes, and many more. This is why hiring an attorney who has expertise in handling criminal cases generally proves to be beneficial to you, the client.
Finding a DUI Attorney
Finding a capable DUI Attorney, who knows how to handle this specific and delicate issue is often difficult. An attorney who possesses decades of experience is a must when you choose your attorney. An individual must also consider other vital factors such as the number of years the attorney has been practicing and the familiarity of the attorney with the law surrounding DUIs or issues you need their assistance with. Although, a lack of experience isn’t necessarily a bad thing if the newer attorney has surrounded themselves with help from experienced attorneys around them.
Another important quality that a DUI attorney must have is promptness in response to their client’s initial queries or questions. Most people obviously will not want to hire a lawyer who won’t return your calls, emails or messages or who generally avoids timely communication. You, as a client, must also have a good sense of when your lawyer will be available to communicate with you and how often. This can be communicated early on once you have an attorney chosen.
Driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics is not recommended anywhere. As per the statistics specified in MADD, in 2014 more than 1.1 million drivers were arrested for DUI. Hiring a qualified DUI lawyer can have various advantages such as:
- Thorough knowledge of the court system
- Counselling by the experts on what how to best advocate for yourself
- Understanding of details of a plea bargain
- Capability to navigate complicated situations
Some of the necessary things that you must keep in mind before choosing your DUI attorney are:
- Choose a DUI lawyer who not only patiently listens to your case but also understands your case in its entirety. It is vital that you do enough research before choosing and hiring an attorney.
- Create a list of all the potential DUI lawyers that you have decided to reach out to. Some information to have comprised of the name of the lawyer, specialty, email address, and other contact details. You must also consider the fees of the lawyer while interacting with them.
- Your chosen attorney must also be qualified and capable enough to handle your case. You are free to check the state bar website or their history before making your final decision. You must also make sure you are looking for lawyers who have a license to practice in your particular state and their familiarity with the criminal legal system of your state.
- After all these steps, you choose the most trustworthy DUI lawyer and reach out to them or their office to schedule a meeting. You must be able to explain your case clearly to the lawyer and the paperwork must be completed from your side prior to them becoming your attorney.
Other Important Facts
Most of the states impose harsh penalties for criminal convictions. That is why in a case that you are arrested for assault or aggravated assault in Philadelphia, you must immediately look for an efficient Assault Lawyer. Without adequate representation, you might face severe consequences including months or years of jail time in addition to costly restitution fines or other penalties.
You may also be burdened with a criminal record, which can follow you for years to come and can eventually create obstacles in case of attaining employment, or even certain types of housing for you or your family.
You must prepare yourself with a proper defense system, despite some people’s advice. Unfortunately, even today, it’s a common misconception that assault charges are not serious. Seek out legal advice from an experienced assault lawyer.