Remote work and unattended remote access
Nowadays, remote work has been more and more popular. It’s essential for remote work to access your office computer without other’s help of receiving remote request. Then how to complete unattended remote access to work PC from outside?
It’s well-known by many people that RDP enables you to connect to an unattended Windows computer from another one via IP. However, if the two devices are located in different networks, the operation can be a little bit complicated as you need to set up VPN or configure port forwarding.
Free alternative to RDP: Get remote access in the same network or different networks
For some clients, it’s anything but a simple undertaking to set up VPN or arrange port sending to RDP to PC. Assuming that the workplace PC is with Windows 11 Home or Windows 10 Home, it’s inaccessible to access it utilizing RDP. Thus, it’s time to try AnyViewer, a powerful and reliable remote desktop software.
- It allows you to connect all editions (Home, Standard, Professional, etc.) of Windows computer from Windows PC, iPhone or iPad.
- It doesn’t require extra operations when connecting a computer from a local device in a different network.
- It enables you to control, view, and lock the unattended remote PC within one click.
- It supports taking full control of the remote computer with blacking the physical screen and disabling the physical keyboard & mouse of the remote PC if you upgrade to an advanced plan.
Steps to access unattended work computer from anywhere
The next part will show how to connect to your unattended office PC from your local laptop or desktop in detail.
Step 1. Download, install and launch AnyViewer on both two computers.
Step 2. Sign up for an AnyViewer account and then log in to the same account on the two PCs.
Note: Once logged in, the device will be assigned to the account automatically and then you can complete various tasks, like accessing unattended computer within one click.
Step 3. On your local computer, click “Device”. Then, you can see the target remote computer. Click it and choose “Remote Control”.
Then, you are able to connect to your unattended work computer from far place and take operations as you were sitting in front of it.
If you want to get unattended access your office computer from iPhone or iPad, you need to download AnyViewer from Apple Store and then install it on your iOS device. Then, you can do shut down the remote computer and do something else with iPhone or iPad on your hand.
Further reading: The operation shortcuts that AnyViewer offers during remote session
Once the remote session is established between your local computer and the remote computer, AnyViewer offers you many operation shortcuts to help you manage the remote computer and solve PC issues more conveniently .
- Ctrl+Alt+Delete: Open the window where you can choose among “Lock”, “Switch User”, “Logoff”, “Change Password”, “Task Manager”.
- Lock: One-click to lock the remote computer.
- Logout: Log out of the currently logged-in Windows account
- Restart: Reboot the destination computer.
- This PC: Open This PC on the remote PC.
- Task Manager: Run “Task Manager” on the target computer to see what processes are running on it.
- CMD: One-click to open Command Prompt on the remote PC and then you can remove write protection, format disk on the remote PC.
- Disable the mouse and the keyboard of the recipient: The physical mouse and keyboard of the remote computer will be disabled. To use this feature, need to upgrade to an advanced plan.
- Black the screen of the recipient: the physical screen of the far PC will be blackened to keep privacy. To use this feature, need to upgrade to an advanced plan
- Lock the device when disconnected: If this option is checked, the remote computer will be locked once the remote session is disconnected.