Have you ever been to a racing sport venue on race day? If you have, you know how charged up the environment can be. The whir of machines and flexing of sinew. The tension in the air. The determination in the eyes of the competitors. Spectators cheering for their favorite teams. The atmosphere is palpable! What’s the other thing to spot in such an event? It’s the canopy tent. Rows of them, in fact.
The versatility of this wonderful accessory has made it the mainstay for all sorts of outdoor events. Racing sports are no exception. Why are canopy tents so sought after?
- They provide protection from UV radiations and rain. Considering that most racing events are held outdoors, competitors and organizers alike need a place to escape the sun’s heat or untimely rain.
- Custom tents make for the ideal shelter solution in such situations. They are lightweight and easy to install. So, they can be pitched anywhere the organisers deem suitable.
- Custom canopy tents are also extremely effective brand promotion tools. Brands have their tents tailored to their specifications. That’s why you see those myriad, colorful tents, with logos and slogans printed on them, adding to the atmosphere of a sports event.
What if you are given the responsibility to organise an outdoor racing sport event some day? How would you choose the perfect custom canopy tents for the event? Let’s explore.
- The Quality of the Canopy
Now, this is the first thing to look for when buying a canopy tent. It has to have the following attributes for it to be the right thing to buy.
- The canopy should be able to protect you from UV radiations and rain.
- It needs to be durable enough to last for years.
- You should be able to customise your canopy according to your preferences.
High-quality outdoor canopy tent makers like Extreme Canopy employ modern materials like PVC or PU coated polyester for their canopies. These materials share all the above attributes on top of being cost effective. Definitely the materials we would choose!
- The Frame
This is the part that gives the tent its structure and holds the whole thing together in one piece. The frame also lends the tent rigidity and keeps it upright in mild windy conditions. So, what are the attributes we are looking for in the frame of a heavy duty pop up canopy tent?
- It needs to be rigid enough to support the structure.
- It should be light enough to be carried around without much effort.
- Corrosion resistance is an added bonus.
Are there any tent makers in the market offering all of these? Yes, there are! Out testers found the frameworks of the X5, X6, X7 and Q8 series of canopy tents from Extreme Canopy to be extremely impressive. These frames are either made of powder coated steel or extruded aluminium for strength and lightness. And you can rest assured they’ll last for years on end.
- A tent exclusively tailored for you
Why should your tent look like anyone else’s? If you are a brand owner, you certainly need an accessory that represents your brand. With canopy tents, you can get really creative! Share your artistic ideas with your tent maker and let their experts guide you as to how to go about printing your stuff on your tent canopy.
Pro-tips for turning your tent into a proper brand promotion tool:
- Choose a graphic design for your logo that doesn’t look too cluttered and confusing.
- It is advisable to match your preferred colours with the type of services you offer. For example, if you are into offering adventure sports related services, bold colours can do the job for you. But if your niche is selling holiday packages to a tropical paradise, stick to tranquil blue and other comparable shades.
- Make sure, the colours you choose aren’t too drab or too loud.
- If you have a slogan, please go ahead and have it printed on your tent canopy! But it is advisable to stay away from polarising statements.
Extra-tip: To buy a tent or hire one
This is a much debated topic. But we will stick to buying tents for outdoor events. Here’s why.
- When you are running a business, managing expenses can be one of the biggest headaches. True, you got to save money on purchases. But an accessory that’s cheap to buy or rent might not fare well in the long run.
- Always go for products that are cost-effective in the long run, even if that means shelling out a few extra bucks upfront.
- Hiring tents might seem lucrative at the first instance. But they ultimately lead to unnecessary recurring costs, if your business requires you to participate in outdoor events regularly.
- Buying good quality tents from reputable manufacturers like Extreme Canopy won’t burn a hole in your pocket! And they are built to last. So, in the long run, these accessories prove to be incredible value for money.
- There’s also the added hassle of cancelled bookings with hiring tents. This can leave you in the lurches.
So, in our book, buying a canopy tent is always better than hiring one.