It doesn’t matter how old the person is, or what achievements can boast of, everybody dreams of having the right partner beside, who will share enough love and care. Still, not all people are ready to give unconditional love to their significant other. To better understand this, let’s recall some common situations from childhood. Often, parents might say that they would love you only if you behave well or get good grades. Do these situations look similar to you? Then let’s find conditional love meaning that specialists of ilovedate.net provide and decide whether it is just what you are experiencing right now.
What is Conditional Love?
No healthy relationship features conditional love for sure. In other words, a person doesn’t love you just as you are, with all your strengths and drawbacks. You can face constant conditions like – I will be with you only when you are in a good shape; or if you earn more; or if you stop seeing those people, etc. These are common examples of conditional love. Still, if you are hesitating about whether you really deal with this type of affection, then keep reading to clarify the issue at last.
9 Signs of Conditional Love
Along with knowing the conditional love definition, you need to be aware of related signs. This way, you will easily understand what type of relationship you have. Among the first signs that you should pay attention to are the following:
- The partner judges you. It is almost impossible to be perfect in all situations. But a person who has a conditional love for you, always judges if you do not meet their expectations. Sometimes, you may even hear laughter and jokes. Still, you should be proud of yourself each time, because you deserve this, not constant judgments.
- You are always guilty. In case your partner regularly blames you for things that occur with them, you may feel guilty all the time. Even if you are not responsible for particular issues, this blaming does not let you feel well.
- There is no trust. Relationship with conditional love has no space for trust. You often avoid sharing something because you do not want to face judgment, blame, etc. As a result, you do not trust your partner and do not feel safe beside them.
- You are not good enough. What does conditional love mean? It is a relationship in which your partner often makes you feel you are not good enough: look bad, earn a little, etc. On the opposite, the person who loves you sincerely will accept you as you are – too fat, with bad musical taste, etc.
- There is no feeling of safety. Understanding that the partner can leave you at any moment may be stressful. With conditional love in your life, you always try to do your best to meet the expectations of another person. Agree that this situation is far from normal.
- You do not understand how to behave. Knowing the possible behavior of your partner, you stop understanding how you should behave. It happens because you predict their adverse reaction or even aggression.
- Your communication is weak. It’s evident that communication between partners who have healthy relationships should be simple and comfortable. However, examples of conditional love state that this type of connection doesn’t feature excellent communication. You avoid communication not to upset your partner or make them angry.
- Partner shows affection only in public. You surely deal with conditional love if your beloved demonstrates how to French kiss, warm feelings, and a nice attitude only in public. This way they want to show others their care. However, when you stay face-to-face, everything changes completely.
- There is no place for compromise. A person who loves you conditionally is not ready for any compromises. They do not accept another point of view rather than their own. They want everything to be as they wish. However, you know that it is impossible to build healthy connections without compromising and refusing your own ambitions for a sake of a nice relationship.
Unconditional Love VS Conditional Love: Conclusion
A person may experience both types of love in life. While some people agree with unconditional love, others prefer changing things. The tips above may help you get what you want and enjoy a relationship with a partner to the fullest. The first thing that you need to do is to speak with your beloved sincerely. Let them know the way you feel, and your general idea of a happy relationship. Share your expectations and preferences. Then, you will see whether the partner is ready for compromises, whether they want to do their best to save your relationship, or whether it is better to leave right now. Mind that you can always get in touch with a specialist and ask for assistance. All in all, it is your life and only you know what is better exactly for you.