Bored with your mid-length or long hairstyle? Looking for a bold new look that allows for self-expression?
Have you considered a pixie cut? Pixie hairstyles have been around for decades, but many women are afraid they can not pull off those bold and daring hairstyles.
If you are considering trading in those long tresses for a short and sassy pixie, keep reading for styling tips and other advice. Also, check out the boldest looks for daring pixies for the coming season!
What exactly is a pixie cut?
Most people can spot a pixie cut when they see it. However, due to the fact that more and more short hairstyles are popping up everywhere, it might be hard to distinguish a pixie from another short hairstyle.
Not to mention that there are multiple styles and cuts when it comes to modern pixies. One might find it a bit overwhelming when typing to find the pixie that will best suit their lifestyle and facial structure.
So what exactly is a pixie cut and what makes it different from other short haircuts? Named after mythological pixies or sprites, the pixie cut is one that is usually very short on the side and back and longer on the top. Pixie cuts can have varying lengths of fringe, which can be styled in different manners.
One of the best things about pixies is that there is a pixie cut that will flatter every facial structure from heart-shaped faces to oval faces and everything in between. As well, there is a pixie cut for every personality and every walk of life, from youthful to older women.
Keep reading to find out more pros of pixie cuts! These may help convince you to embrace this sexy short style.
Pixie Cut Pros
- Pixies have been around for years. Many celebrities from Audrey Hepburn to Pink and Beyonce have Asported pixies with style and confidence.
- Tired of knots, tangles, and those pesky dead ends? Chopping off your long locks is the best way to promote healthy hair growth. You’ll feel so much lighter with a trendy pixie cut.
- Always on the go? With a pixie cut, you’ll spend less time washing, drying, and styling your hair. Those with especially busy lifestyles can benefit from this time-saving hairstyle.
- Are you always finding strands of hair all over your clothes and furniture? Are hair clumps clogging your shower drain? A pixie cut will put a stop to all that shedding.
- Looking for a daring hairstyle? A pixie cut is freeing in many ways. Not only will you save time on styling your hair every day, but you can watch the years melt away with a short and sexy pixie style.
- Have you been wanting to experiment with bold and bright hair colors? Pixie cuts are a fun way to mix it up with exciting new hair shades like electric blue or magenta pink.
- While you will have to visit the hair salon for frequent trims to keep up your pixie cut, you will love the way it looks and feels.
- Looking for simple ways to cut costs? Think of the money you’ll save on hair products and styling tools.
- Dreading those hot summer days? A pixie is a perfect look for summer. You will feel so much cooler. And if you really don’t like your new look, you can start to grow it out in time for the colder temps.
- Pixie cuts look super cute with hats, headbands, and headscarves. As well, you can experiment with dramatic makeup looks and show off your facial tattoos and piercings.
Now that we have given you the pros of pixies, check out some of the hottest new looks for edgy pixie cuts.
Short and Sassy Pixies for a Sexy Look
Are you looking for a fun and flirty pixie that can still be taken seriously? This platinum blonde pixie with long feathered fringe oozes sex appeal. Yet when paired with glasses, it gives off a look of innocence. Play off the best of both worlds with this sassy pixie cut!
When in doubt, the classic pixie is always a huge hit! With long tousled layers on top to add some texture, this look is both youthful and sophisticated. Pair it with smokey eye shadow and a matte lipstick for a more sassy edge.
Those who are looking for a more avant garde, perhaps androgonyes style will love this short pixie with shaved sides and side swept long fringe. Play up your inner punk rocker with this modern take on the pixie cut.