WhatsApp is one of the most commonly used messaging platforms. A majority of the world’s population converses through WhatsApp. People use the app not just for messaging but also for sharing images, videos, and audio. The multipurpose app has additional features such as audio calling and video calling as well. Due to the unprecedented pandemic, major operations of offices and businesses have shifted online. Several businesses use WhatsApp as the mode of transferring files. A few of these files may be important ones too! Well, if you’re transiting from Android to iPhone, you must know the struggle behind the process to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Struggling to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone? We’ve got you covered. Today we’ll be looking at multiple ways to transfer WhatsApp Android to IOS.
Part 1: Can traditional Backup and Restore transfer WhatsApp from Android to IOS?
Transiting from using iOS to Android is a real pain. If you’ve ever tried doing so or if you’re currently in the process of doing so then you must know the struggle is indeed real. Transferring WhatsApp files from Android to iOS or vice versa is difficult because Android and iOS are two different operating systems. The two operating systems are highly contrasting and aren’t compatible with each other. While transferring files from Android to Android, restoring old messages and files is pretty simple. Similarly, iOS to iOS transfers are simple as well. WhatsApp backs up files, messages, and media on Google drive in Android phones. On the other hand, WhatsApp uses iCloud to backup files on iOS devices. Hence, whatsapp transfer backup & restore or restoring old WhatsApp files and transferring them from Android to iOS could be troublesome.
Part 2: How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Now that we know the hassles of transferring WhatsApp files from Android to iPhone devices, you must be looking for a solution. We’re here to help you learn how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone!
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS via Email
Although conventional, email is one of the safest and fastest means of communication. Transferring WhatsApp chats via email is relatively easy, however not as effective as its counterparts. Wondering whether to use this method in order to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS? Here are a few simple steps to transfer Android to iOS via email.
- Head to WhatsApp on your phone and open the WhatsApp Settings. In the “Settings” menu, you will find “Chat Settings”, click on it and then select “Email Chat”.
- Once done, you will be asked whether you wish to include media files or not. If you wish to backup your images and videos, select yes. Do note that backing up media files will take more time and space
- Now enter your email address in the designated input box and click on “Send”
- On your Android phone, log in to your mail ID and find the email from WhatsApp. You’d have received a link to download the backed-up chats and files. Click on the link and then download it. Do note that this link is valid only for a time period of 30 days, after which you’ll be unable to download the backup.
- It’s free of cost, you needn’t spend money to transfer WhatsApp chats from iOS to Android
- The process of exporting WhatsApp chats via email isn’t cumbersome
- By using email for transferring WhatsApp chats, you get a copy of these chats forever and you can access it anytime.
- You only get a doc file of your chats, you don’t get them in the form of WhatsApp chats
- If the chat is very big, this method can fail sometimes
- This method generates a link to download the WhatsApp chat, this link expires within a month. Hence, you need to make sure that you download the chat within a month
- Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone with the Official Way
This is another highly convenient method of transferring WhatsApp files from Android to iOS. However, this method is a little difficult to follow. This is mainly because you need a lightning to Type-C cable to connect your iOS and Android devices. Additionally, this method is available only on Samsung and OnePlus devices. Here are a few steps to transfer WhatsApp chats using this method.
Step 1: Connect your Android and iOS device using a lightning to Type-C cable.
Step 2: While setting up your android device, your screen would display a QR code. Scan this QR code. Once the QR code has been scanned, your iPhone will automatically initiate the file transfer process.
Step 3: Once done, all WhatsApp chats would have been transferred from your iOS to Android device
- Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone with Wondershare MobileTrans
While dealing with technical stuff despite the absence of technical support, convenient and quick solutions must be your top priority. Looking for a tool that can help you transfer WhatsApp chats and files within minutes? Look no further, introducing Wondershare MobileTrans, a comprehensive tool to help you transfer all your WhatsApp chats from Android to IOS. Here are a few steps to transfer WhatsApp chats using Wondershare MobileTrans.
Step 1: Connect your Android or iOS phone to the PC on which Wondershare MobileTrans is installed. Once you’ve connected your phone, Wondershare MobileTrans will automatically detect the phone and show a list of 4 different types of data files.
Step 2: Select the files you’d like to back up and then click on “start”. Once you see this window, you need to go on your android device’s WhatsApp and back up the data onto the local storage.
Step 3: Next, you need to log in to WhatsApp on your new device and restore WhatsApp data. Also, keep onnected throughout the backup process. Once done, the screen will tell you that the backup is over. You can disconnect your phone then.
You can now launch the tool again and restore your WhatsApp on another phone.
- Do WhatsApp Transfer with MobileTrans App
Using an app is always convenient, isn’t it? Wouldn’t it be amazing if you had a magic door through which you could transfer your data between android and iOS devices? Well, we made it for you. Transfer WhatsApp chats from Android. You can download this app on your iOS and Android devices! It’s convenient, quick, and efficient! Here’s how you can transfer WhatsApp chats between your android and iOS devices.
Step 1: Connect your iOS device and your android device via an OTG cable and then on the app select whether this is the old phone or the new one
Step 2: Then click on ‘Chat backup”. A QR code will then appear on your old phone, scan this using the new Android device.
Step 3: The app will automatically detect all the files and chats on your iPhone, select everything that you’d like to transfer to your new device.
Step 4: Soon the transfer must be over and you can access your WhatsApp data on your new phone.
Today we’ve seen a few of the best ways on how to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android. Things could get complicated when trying to transfer data between iOS and Android devices. There are several methods, however, there’s no reliable and quick method to transfer files between android and iOS. The existing methods are time-consuming and cumbersome. For this reason, we recommend you to use Wondershare MobileTrans to perform quick transfers without much hassle.