Testosterone is the hormone that makes men look and act like men. It is made by the testicles, and it is important for all the things that make a man a man, like having a strong body, a deep voice, and facial hair. Testosterone is also important for sexual function, thinking, and reproduction. It helps make more red blood cells, keeps bones strong, and makes it easier to think. Low-T, which is another name for not having enough testosterone, can make you feel bad in a number of ways.
Do any of these signs of low testosterone also apply to you? Or do you not know how people should treat you? Do you want to know what the best and most affordable way to treat low testosterone is?
Then, if you have low testosterone, this article will give you some ways to treat it. We will also talk about the signs of low testosterone, how it affects men, and how you can test to see if you have it.
What does testosterone mean?
The testicles make testosterone, which is the male sexual hormone. Levels of the hormone testosterone are very important for normal sexual development and functions in men. Testosterone is also made by women, but in much smaller amounts and in a more natural way. Testosterone is very important for a man’s health and general well-being, but it often gets bad press in the media and from many doctors, who link it to violence, aggression, and toxic masculinity.
The problem of low testosterone levels in men, on the other hand, is not as well known as the problem of menopause in women. But if a man’s testosterone levels are low, he will have a lot of problems that can make his life hard.
Why the level of testosterone is low
Low levels of testosterone can be caused by a number of things, and sometimes there is no clear reason why. A man’s testosterone level is about 20% lower now than it was 20 years ago, according to some studies. This is true, among other reasons, because:
- Chemicals get into the water and food through things in the environment like plastics and fertilisers.
- The hormones in the birth control pill mess up the way hormones work in men.
- Decline with age and menopause
- Varicoceles in the testicles are an example of a medical condition.
So, we know some of the things that can cause hormone production to be low. So, if you notice any of these things in your everyday life, it’s time to get tested and get some good advice from professionals.
Low testosterone can be treated in a number of ways.
Low testosterone can be treated in a number of ways. Here are some of them:
- Testosterone gels
- Monthly injections of testosterone
- Injections of cypionate, enanthate, or Sustanon 250 testosterone once a week
Experts say that injecting yourself with Sustanon 250 is the best and safest way to treat low testosterone levels. And Fatboy Fitman can provide you with this injection. Below, we’ll talk more about how to treat low testosterone.
Options for testosterone with a medium effect are injectables. It is injected into the muscle or belly fat, and after a few days to a week, it starts to work. When men have too much estrogen in their bodies, it can cause a number of problems. Many patients and doctors around the world think that injectables are one of the best ways to treat low testosterone.
Gel to Treat Low Testosterone
Every morning, you have to rub a gel into your skin. This is easier and more convenient for some people, especially if they are afraid of needles.
The problem with low-testosterone gel treatment is that there is a high chance that women and children will get the gel from the patient if they touch them. So, the person needs to be very careful about this. The gel used to treat low testosterone can also be sticky, which can irritate the skin of some men.
Shots That Last a Long Time
Nebido and other similar injections can be very convenient because they don’t need to be given as often. However, someone needs to give the injection every 8–10 weeks. All of these injections may cause testosterone levels to drop by the end of the injection cycle, but they will be much higher right after an injection.
This is the easiest choice out of the ones we’ve talked about so far. The reason is that it can be put in and left for about 6 months to slowly release testosterone without further testing. People don’t like pellets because they are more expensive than the other choices, but they are perfect for busy men who don’t want to inject themselves.
Does low testosterone happen often in men?
Recent studies show that one in five men may have low testosterone. But the worst part is that only 5% of these men get treatment for their low testosterone levels. This means that a lot of men are suffering in silence and not getting help for such big problems. So, if this sounds like you, you can try testosterone boosters before trying any of the other ways mentioned.
How is low testosterone found?
Before starting treatment for low testosterone, it is important to test for certain things in the blood. Check for low total and free testosterone before starting any treatment for low testosterone.
Also, the doctor who will do the treatment should make sure you have the following values checked to make sure the treatment is safe:
- Binding of sex hormones Globulin: The protein binds to all of your testosterone, which stops the body from using it. If a person has a high SHBG level, he can have low testosterone symptoms.
- Oestradiol is the primary component of oestrogen. It is produced in a man’s body when aromatase converts testosterone to oestrogen. This can become too high if too much oestrogen is changed. If the level of oestradiol is too high or too low, it can change sexual drive and erections.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone is a hormone made by the pituitary gland that tells the testes to make sperm.
- Luteinizing hormone: This is a hormone made by the pituitary gland that makes the testicles make more testosterone. Luteinizing hormone is a very important part of figuring out why your testosterone level is low.
- If you don’t have enough prolactin, it could affect your mood and sexual health. But high levels may stop the body from producing testosterone. And if it’s too high, that could be because of a prolactinoma. The pituitary gland has a tumor.
So, if you think you have low testosterone levels or have any of the above symptoms, you should see a good doctor as soon as possible and start treatment. It will help you get your life back on track.