Both wool and Persian rugs need special care. Improper stain removal treatments can damage these precious floorings. So, you need to be extra careful while performing cleaning tasks. Wool fibres can get damaged by alkalies, enzymes, bleaches and acids, so it’s better to turn to professional assistance for rug stain removal rather than using the wrong solvents. To know which cleaning treatments are safe, read this guide further.
How to Deal with Accidental Spills on Wool or Persian Rugs?
- Blot Excess Liquid
If you accidentally knock over a glass of red vine on your precious flooring, the first thing you want to do is scream. We understand your emotions, but calling may not help the rug. So, get a clean cloth or sponge and blot the spillage immediately. Let the sponge absorb as much liquid as possible. With this step, you will minimize the damage and the work you have to do afterwards.
Here is another way to do it:
- It is typically preferable to treat a stain as soon as possible rather than for it to dry and perhaps cause irreparable damage. Soak a clean cloth in warm water and dab the stain gently, dampening the entire affected area. To avoid spreading the spill to other rug regions, clean from the outside.
- Repeat to blot to see whether the spots disappear.
- Scrubbing with a broom or brushes can cause substantial damage to wool. Fill a spray bottle with warm water, then moisten the afflicted area.
- If required, use a vacuum on a low setting or a soft bristle brush in a clockwise direction to dislodge dirt or residue; however, be careful not to apply too much power.
You can also contact the best Persian rug cleaning Melbourne experts for quick and effective cleaning.
- Clean it with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Baking soda and vinegar are both effective stain removers. They also eliminate the musty odour and old grease stains. Spray a coating of baking soda over the affected area, then combine vinegar with water. Apply a drop of the solvent to the floor. Allow it to sit for a few hours before cleaning it. You can use alternate mixes for various stains, such as warm water and vinegar.
- Vacuum the Rug
No matter which rug stain removal technique you use to clean, vacuum the flooring before and after the procedure. Vacuuming before will remove the dust particles, and vacuuming after will remove the remaining soap residue.
Note: The last thing any rug owner wants is damage to their prized investment. So, the better and safe option is to hire Persian rug cleaning Melbourne experts. These particles find a way to the fibre’s roots and make themselves comfortable there for years. So, be careful and remove them as soon as you spot them. Try these tricks today and never ignore even a minor stain. All the best for the cleaning mission! We hope you have found the remedy for your problem.