Many people think about obtaining documents from other countries. They may be needed for business, education, and other privileges. The Caribbean was one of the first countries to introduce documents for investment. That was over 40 years ago. Not surprisingly, even now, this group of countries offers some of the most favorable conditions.
As noted by the expert of Immigrant Invest Zlata Erlach, citizenship by investment programs in the region are very popular. Among the best offers are those from St. Lucia, Grenada, Dominica, St. Kitts, and Nevis. These states’ programs are traditionally on the top list of the most popular among those thinking about registration.
Conditions of obtaining Caribbean citizenship in different countries
Almost always, to obtain Caribbean citizenship, potential investors are offered to make two types of investments. The first of them is gratuitous. In this case, the investment is made in a particular fund. Its size is:
- 100,000 dollars in St. Lucia and Dominica;
- 150,000 dollars in St. Kitts and Nevis, as well as Grenada.
People must be prepared that the amount will not be refunded. An alternative is to buy real estate. Its cost also varies. Usually, the figure is about 200000 dollars. Yes, the amount is more considerable, but in the future, a few years later, it will be possible to independently manage the property, rent it out or sell it. It is possible to learn more about the amount of investment and conditions at https://immigrantinvest.com/blog/how-to-get-citizenship-in-the-caribbean-en/. For many people, this factor determines the selection of a particular program.
As for the requirements for obtaining documents, they are approximately the same in most countries. Thus, among the most common requirements are the following:
- The age of the principal applicant. He must be of legal age.
- Proof of legal source of income. Countries will cooperate only with those who receive their funds legally.
- Provision of a certificate of no criminal record. It is also not a problem for the vast majority of applicants. However, it is essential to note that the Caribbean citizenship program requires that such a certificate be notarized.
The requirements are not complicated, so many have the opportunity to apply and already get a positive response.
The best and proven investment programs in Caribbean countries
As mentioned earlier, there are several relevant programs in 2022. The most favorable conditions are offered by:
- St. Lucia. The minimum amount is 100000 dollars. If you are going to buy real estate, you will have to pay at least 150,000. The small size of this country’s investment attracts those interested in obtaining a Caribbean passport in the future. The program operates in the country for not the first year. The paperwork usually takes at most 3-4 months. You can include family members in the application. The advantages are favorable conditions for business and the ability to travel to more than 140 countries.
- Dominica. It is one of the best options because, in this country, you only have to pay $100,000 to get the documents. If you want to buy a house, this amount increases to 175000. Documents of this country allow you to move freely around the world (140+ countries). You can also immediately include relatives in the application form and move to a small island altogether. You will have to pay extra for them, but the amount is small.
- St. Kitts and Nevis. The minimum deposit amount in this country is 150,000 dollars, and real estate will cost at least 195,000. Applicants will be able to get an answer in 3-4 months. The program in this country is well established, so all procedures are fast. Thanks to the documents of this state, it is possible to forget about the borders and move freely in different parts of the world. In particular, the registration of citizenship will allow conducting of personal business. In addition, the country has optimal work conditions: from tourism to modern technology, from medicine to food production.
- Grenada. Investing in a special fund will cost 150,000 dollars. If you want to buy real estate, you have to spend from 200000. However, it is worth it. A thought-out program will allow one to quickly get an answer (most often, it is positive). Residents can conduct business and travel almost without borders. Applying for a visa to more than 140 countries is optional. They include the European Union, Russia, and dozens of other corners of the globe.
Thus, investment programs in Caribbean countries are pretty elaborate and, most importantly, inexpensive. It is what attracts potential investors. It is enough to pay a relatively small amount to get official confirmation very soon.
Moreover, immigration is not always a mandatory requirement. Often, one encounters a situation where documents are required only for business purposes. The countries’ governments understand this, so the programs operate (among other things) online. As a result, it makes it possible to obtain the necessary papers without visiting one of the countries, saving time.