The online betting industry in the Philippines has grown over the recent years and contributed billions of dollars in revenue. However, laws surrounding online betting in the Philippines are complicated. Online betting companies can be based in the country and receive licenses but can’t offer services to Filipinos.
Conversely, they can play at any bookie they like, provided the betting company is based offshore. The gamers know these terms and have since found a way to maneuver the laws and enjoy online betting. Here we shall look at a few things a player needs to remember while playing online games.
How do I Pick the Best Philippines Betting Site?
Picking the best betting site can be a personal choice. Nonetheless, many factors make one site stand out from another. Therefore, a gamer needs to thoroughly research before choosing a betting site. How can a gamer know the best betting sites in the Philippines?
- Read online reviews- Sadly, not all betting sites you come across are legitimate. Reviews and write-ups by other players are a good starting point for online betting sites. You will find in-depth information on what is offered, what can be improved, and any challenges encountered.
- Give the online betting a test run– Since registration is free, you can allow yourself to get firsthand experience of the game. Here, you can assess the usability and navigation and gauge whether it is what you need.
- Odds– no sportsbook can claim to have the best odds on every sport. However, through research, a bookie can find out which betting site has a strong level of betting odds across a large range of sports.
- Features– Bookies are looking for a more enjoyable and thrilling experience on a betting site. Features such as Bet Builders and Live Streaming have become more popular, making a site sought after by bookies.
- Betting markets– In the Philippines, basketball, tennis, and volleyball are a big deal. Additionally, boxing is hugely popular due to the former world champion from the Philippines, Manny Pacquiao. Any betting site hoping to appeal to Filipino bookies must include these markets and football.
- Promotions– Gamers are always on the loom out of where they can get rewarded. These include free bets, odd boosts, and reward programs such as welcome bonuses for new and existing customers.
- Site Security and Safety– Any gamer wants to know that a site is safe and secure. No one wants their personal details stolen or visiting a website prone to viruses. The site should offer secure encryption technology so no one from you can access your account.
What are the Types of Welcome Bonus Offers in Philippines Online Betting?
One of the best and biggest bonuses of creating an online account with a betting site is the welcome bonus; Different sites offer different kinds of rewards, which also vary in amount. Here are different types of welcome bonuses that you can expect from the online sporting sites in the Philippines.
- Deposit Bonus– Here, your first deposit is matched to a certain percentage, usually 100% or less. There are several generous offers, but in reality, conditions need to be met before withdrawals after a win. Always familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of any online betting site.
- Free Bet- New customers are offered a free bet. Normally, you will need to deposit a certain amount to qualify; other times, you must place a bet before receiving a reward. Unlike the match bonuses, the free bet is more common, and you can keep the winnings from it without any further betting conditions.
- Risk-Free Bet– they are rare but are available on new sports betting sites. A player places a bet on a given market, and your stake is refunded as a free bet if it’s a loser. When you want to use the free bet, there is a price you wager at, but the advantage is that no wagering conditions are required to get any wins.
Payment Methods for Philippines Bettors
There are several ways that gamers can fund their online betting sites.
Debit and Credit Cards
Almost all the online betting sites support payments done via debit or credit cards, which will need to be either Visa or MasterCard. It is important to ensure that your bank allows for such payments before committing to pay to avoid disappointments.
They are very popular since they are easy to use, and the transactions are processed swiftly and securely. However, the fees can be high for such transactions. Therefore, most Filipinos use Neteller, Skrill, and the recently popular GCash to make these transactions.
Bank transfers are less popular since they take a long time to reflect the transactions. Most people are careful not to link their bank accounts to betting accounts, but others don’t care much about it and use it as a preference for making deposits and withdrawals. It is prudent to consult your bank on such transactions and note the charges pegged on your transactions.
Many people have recently started considering cryptocurrency more secure than debit and credit card payments. In addition, cryptocurrency transactions have more privacy than other payment methods. Most online betting sites in the Philippines now offer cryptocurrency as a payment method.
Cryptocurrency payment helps a gamer store money safely without losing it to theft or robbery. Some of the cryptocurrencies used include Tether (USDT), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), and Bitcoin (BTC).
Most people are more familiar with bitcoin, but there are other different cryptocurrencies such as the Tether. Tether was launched in 2014; it is backed by the USD or EUR and is found to be quite stable compared to other cryptocurrencies. You can find the top sites for Tether sports betting in the Philippines and enjoy using the fastest-growing cryptocurrency in the world.
How Can You Open an Online Betting Site account in the Philippines?
Opening an account is an easy and quick process, and you can start playing in minutes. Different sites have different forms to fill, but the details are quite similar.
Step 1- Visit the Official Betting Website
After settling for a certain site, ensure you visit the official website for registration or sign up. Some websites have an app to download or proceed to click on “register” or a “sign-up” button.
Step 2- Registration
You provide your details, full names, home address, date of birth, and contacts, and create a password and username. Upon successful registration, you should get a notification to move on to the next step.
Step 3- Deposit money
Here, you choose your preferred payment method and currency as you read the instructions from the provider.
Step 4- Start Betting
All sites are different in terms of features and layout; hence it is important to know how to maneuver the layout and know-how to place bets and choose specific matches or markets. If you are unsure, the betting sites have a help button to help you learn how to play and place the bets.
Step 5- Account Verification
In order to guard against underage gambling and prevent money laundering, betting sites will ask you to provide a photo ID before withdrawals. Other sites will ask you to provide the ID while you sign up. Also, this helps in ensuring that stolen cards aren’t used.
Step 6- Withdrawal
After winning a bet, you can request withdrawal of the proceeds by clicking the withdraw button. Specify the amount you wish to withdraw and submit the request. The funds then can be received in your account through your preferred payment method. Ensure to check if there are withdrawal limits on the site you choose to play.
Tips on Online Betting in the Philippines
Winning and getting financial rewards for your expertise in the bets makes the matches enjoyable and a thrilling experience. To ensure this is the case, you need to include a few tips to be a master of the game.
1. Bet on Sports, You Know
It would be best if you place wagers on games, you know. Since you are rewarded for your betting skills, you need to make informed decisions that will not cost you money. It is not a must that you have firsthand experience in a game but watching real-life matches can help you know what happens in a particular game.
2. Lookout for Value Bets
The key to finding a value bet is to do more research to find out information on the event you want to bet on. Believe it or not, betting sites can sometimes price markets incorrectly, and if you have the correct information, this can be your advantage.
3. Don’t Bet While Bored
Betting should be a fun way to add spice to sports you are interested in. avoid logging to the betting site just because you have nothing better to do. It can lead to the danger of making a bad decision that will, in turn, cost you money.
4. Manage Your Bankroll
It is a matter of self-discipline that no matter how a game goes, you must stick to a certain amount of money you allocate yourself. Also, ensure that you stick to the betting sites’ limits, daily, weekly or monthly.
If you are a Filipino betting fan, there are many betting sites to choose from and enjoy your games. Here we have outlined what you need to know about online betting in the Philippines, including what offers you should look out for, the registration process, the types of currencies accepted, and tips for playing the games. Ensure that you gamble responsibly, and it is up to you to choose the site that works for you.