In 2022, most companies agree that a hybrid work model has given them novel ways to meet employee expectations, boost productivity, and reduce operational costs. Every day, more and more businesses are adopting a hybrid work model, eager to reap its benefits. However, transitioning from a traditional work model to a hybrid one is easier said than done.
When half of your employees work from home, communication is poor, collaboration is inefficient, and tracking employee shifts is a hassle. Despite all these hurdles, you need to offer your employees a workplace that is flexible, safe, efficient, and inclusive. So, how do you create a functional and well-managed hybrid workplace?
Innovative software like hybrid workplace solutions can help you plan, design, and run your hybrid office. Hybrid workplace solutions take care of all aspects of office management, from employee scheduling to space management to employee safety. But, before you invest in one, you should know how to select the one that best serves your purpose.
Read this article to learn the five features that your hybrid workplace solution must have.
- Employee Scheduling
In a hybrid workplace, employees can work from any location and choose flexible work hours. However, this situation can quickly spiral out of control if left mismanaged.
With a hybrid workplace solution, you can track your employees’ work assignments, timings, and upcoming shifts. By doing so:
- employees and their teams are clear about their work allocations
- shifts are well-defined and are available for all to see
- deadlines are clear
- adequate time and employees are assigned to all projects
- employees are not working overtime or undertime
- any change in schedule is communicated effectively and immediately
A hybrid work solution with an employee scheduling functionality helps you assign shifts to your employees according to their job requirements and preferences. You can also modify the schedules and instantly share them with the employees with a hybrid workplace solution.
- Meeting Room Management
Meeting rooms are the most underused asset in any hybrid workplace. With fewer in-office meetings, meeting rooms and conference rooms remain vacant most of the time. This leads to the wastage of space and resources.
That said, it is not prudent to close down all meeting rooms. After all, when your employees come to the office, they need spaces to meet, discuss and collaborate.
Furthermore, they should be able to access these spaces whenever needed without booking conflicts. A hybrid workplace solution can help with all these issues. Here is how.
A hybrid workplace solution that offers a meeting room management module can streamline these tasks.
So, look for a hybrid workplace solution with a meeting room management system that allows you to do the following.
- Get a real-time view of available, booked, and canceled rooms through a single dashboard.
- Search for and book available rooms.
- Cancel and reschedule meetings and automatically free up meeting rooms.
- View data about meeting room booking usage and identify opportunities for space optimization.
- Create sanitization workflows to ensure safe meeting rooms, conference rooms, and other collaborative spaces.
- View, manage, and book amenities for meeting rooms as needed.
- Desk Booking and Hot Desking
Since fewer people work from the office, having an assigned desk for each employee is not cost-effective. It is better to provide a limited number of teachers desks so employees can book their preferred seats before coming to the office. To make this process efficient, you should look for a hybrid workplace solution with a desk booking or hot desking feature.
With a desk booking feature that comes with your hybrid workplace solution, you can –
- offer your employees the flexibility to choose their preferred seats
- ensure employee safety by tracking desk sanitization and enforcing social distancing protocols
- avoid double bookings, missed bookings, and other conflicts
- save your employees’ time
- Visitor Management
In the post-pandemic workplace, you must take great care of workplace safety when welcoming visitors. The visitor management feature of your hybrid workplace solution can be a virtual ledger that helps track who visited your office premises. A a visitor management system helps you –
- pre-register visitors
- provide contactless check-in and prevent the spread of infections
- manage occupancy levels to prevent overcrowding
- perform a health screening like temperature tests, vaccination certificate check, etc., before the visitor enters the office.
- Parking Management
The parking management feature of your hybrid workplace solution displays real-time parking spot availability. Thus, you can steer clear of all parking-related hassles, long queues, and congestion.
With its report generation functionality, you can get a holistic view of parking space usage over a week or a month. This will help you optimize parking spaces, allocate parking spaces better, and reduce costs.
Invest in a Hybrid Workplace Solution!
The future of work is hybrid. And you must start preparing for it today. So, support your business with a hybrid workplace solution that serves as a complete office management toolkit.
WorkInSync hybrid workplace solution allows you to manage all aspects of your flexible workplace. It is an all-in-one tool that helps you to manage your distributed workforce with features like desk booking, meeting room management, parking management, visitor management, employee scheduling, and more.
Visit the WorkInSync website to book your demo.