In the past few years, companies have been actively shifting operations to the cloud to increase business agility, improve security and reduce IT costs. Despite its diverse and powerful suite of over 200 apps, Oracle EBS Cloud migration has become increasingly popular amongst its users to avail of the additional benefits that complement the upgrade.
Oracle E-Business Suite is an integrated set of business applications for automating enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and supply chain management (SCM) processes within organizations. Its efficient user face makes it easy for cloud adoption.
Migrating from Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud has various advantages, including lower total cost of ownership, enhanced scalability and flexibility, and continuous innovation.
However, these advantages are meaningless to business users if business process continuity is jeopardized. Oracle Cloud migrations, if done incorrectly, can result in application downtime as well as a myriad of other issues. Proper testing ensures that data flows remain consistent, backend processes continue to run as intended, and compliance and security standards remain in place in your new Oracle Cloud environment.
Certain key areas must be looked over to ensure the transition is successful and businesses can negate the risks that might accompany the transition process.
Factors to keep in mind before conducting Oracle EBS to Cloud Migration
- Existing Integrations — The majority of businesses have linked their EBS to productivity tools like Google Docs and payroll services like Microsoft Office 365. Managers must plan ahead of time and ensure that their test scripts cover all of these integrations.
- Existing Customizations — Almost every EBS customer has their own workflows. However, Oracle Cloud customizations are limited. As a result, businesses must change their business processes to work with Oracle Cloud.
- Workflows and Approvals – Workflows in EBS can be tailored. To guarantee that these operations transfer to the Cloud correctly, everything from data validation and verification to regulatory compliance and security role validation must be validated. Security testing is the only way to achieve this.
- Test Data Management — Businesses frequently lack the actual business data needed to conduct successful testing. This genuine business information comprises sensitive information in most Oracle EBS and Cloud Apps. As a result, businesses must develop a process flow that allows testers to access critical data without jeopardizing business security.
Robust Testing System
A robust testing system emphasizes two things: early and frequent testing. Routine testing ensures that feedback is obtained before things get out of hand and that any differences are addressed quickly. Continuous testing allows your company to:
- Early in the transition process, identify flaws.
- Improved fault detection precision
- Gaining a competitive advantage by selling your services first.
About the Company:
Opkey is a Continuous Oracle Cloud Testing Platform that allows customers to seamlessly migrate from Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud. Opkey, a globally recognized zero-code platform, significantly lowers testing time and effort while ensuring 100% test coverage to remove migration risk. Opkey’s goal is to help you run your business more efficiently by ensuring an optimal Oracle EBS to cloud conversion.