If you are looking for a proper arrangement of healthy and tasty oil-free cooking, an air fryer will help you in and out. It has been quite a year since this greaseless machine entered the kitchen, solving everyday needs. The technology of an air fryer requires no gas or direct exposure to flame anyway. Thus kids of the house also find it easy to practise their culinary skills over the same.
So, if you are a beginner who wants to amplify his/her cooking skills with oil-free equipment, then you have just landed at the right place. Whether you choose to fry, bake, grill or roast food items, the articular appliance’s ergonomic design and simple cooking modes will help you with everything. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Make The Best Use Of Your Air Fryer
Cooking is an art! Consistency and patience will help you master the same. Because an air fryer is a relatively new entry to your kitchen, here is a list of the most intrinsic points that will help you master your cooking skills in the same.
Start By Treating The Chemical Smell Of Your New Air Fryer
Like others, when using your fryer for the first time, you will encounter a rancid chemical smell, making you question your buying decision. However, the smell is not here to stay! You can easily get rid of the same:
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and vinegar in a dish and place it inside the air fryer.
- Switch on and adjust the appliance’s temperature to 180 – 200 degrees Celsius for 2 to 10 minutes. Then let it sit there for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish and replace it with another container with clean water for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, remove the water from the container, and here you go!
Your latest addition to the kitchen is ready to cook delicious servings.
Place Parchment Paper Or Foil While Cooking To Make Cleaning Easy
It is essential to take care of hygiene and cleanliness while cooking. However, too much scrubbing of the air fryer basket will affect the durability of the same. Always place parchment paper or foil on the basket as a steady way out before cooking. This will prevent your food from directly contacting the basket, facilitating easy cooking. Here are certain tips on how to use it the right way.
- Ensure your aluminium foil does not block the entire bottom of the basket.
- Use perforated parchment paper to enable complete air circulation while cooking.
- Avoid letting the paper or foil come in contact with the heating coil.
Avoid Stacking Your Meat While Cooking
Always let your steak or meat have enough space to get completely cooked. Do not stack one over the other. As you know, the air fryer cooks food using the convection mechanism by circulating hot air. Thus each piece should get adequate space to experience the right amount of heat.
How to convert any recipe into an air fryer recipe?
3 Quick And Easy Air Fryer Recipes For A Fulfilling Meal
Now that you have mastered the usability part, the next question would be, what is the best thing to make in an air fryer? Well, as a quick way out, here are 5 lip-smacking recipes that you cannot miss to cook.
Tandoori-Spiced Cauliflower Chicken Flatbreads
- You will need olive oil (3 tsp), tomato paste (1 tomato), 2 grated garlic cloves, 1 cauliflower, and 340 gms of boneless chicken.
- For spices, mix the coriander, paprika (1½ tsp), mustard (⅛ tsp), cardamom (⅛ tsp) and cayenne (¼ tsp) with 1 tsp of salt. Stir them all in oil with tomato paste and garlic.
- Now add the chicken and toss it in the pan.
- Heat your air fryer to 190 degrees Celsius, add the cauliflowers for 14 minutes, and then the chicken for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with flat bread.
2. Red Velvet Cookies
Besides the regular savoury items, you can also bake cookies in the air fryer. So why not start with your favourite red velvet variants?
- Create a batter. Add mixing flour (100 gms), cocoa powder (50 gms), salt, unaltered butter (100 gms), egg (1 whole), brown sugar (1 packet), red food colouring and vanilla extract.
- Preheat your fryer basket (150 degrees Celsius) and scoop 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie – 2 inches apart.
- Air fry them until the top is set and the cookie is hard.
3. Italian-Marinated Chicken
- Combine vinegar (3 tbsp), mustard (2 tsp), garlic (2 cloves), thyme, agave (1 sp) and basil (6 fresh) with salt and pepper.
- Add it all in a blender, coat the chicken breast with the mixture and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the air fryer to 200 degrees Celsius before adding the chicken, and cook for 4 minutes. Flip it with tongs and cook it for another 8 to 9 minutes.
- Serve it with parmesan cheese on the top.
So that is all about properly using and cooking tasty meals with your air fryer. There are various types available. Get one for yourself with a stay-cool frying pan handle, air vents at the rear end and easy-to-clean accessories.