On the basis of email type, Outlook stores mailbox data in either the Outlook OST (Offline Folder) or PST file. Outlook creates an Offline Storage Table File (OST) for mailbox storage when a user configures an IMAP (Yahoo, GMail), Outlook.com, Exchange or Office 365 email accounts. A Personal Storage Table (PST) file stores email messages from POP-based email addresses.
An OST file cannot be opened or imported into other Outlook accounts, unlike the PST file. Instead, you’ll have to use Outlook Import Export Wizard or an OST to PST converter program like EdbMails OST to PST converter to export mailbox items from an OST Outlook profile to PST format.
When you are unable to use Outlook for any reason and the OST file is unavailable or orphaned, EdbMails is the best OST to PST converter software on the market for recovering such files, which can then be converted to other formats such as PST, HTML, EML, and MHT. Continue reading for a comprehensive review of the software’s features and operation.
An Overview of EdbMails OST Converter
EdbMails Converter for OST software is specialized to recover and convert OST files that are unavailable, orphaned, or encrypted. Microsoft MVPs and IT administrators around the world recommend and trust the software for its ability to handle large OST files without losing data integrity. It’s possible to backup or migrate mailboxes from unavailable OST files to PST or directly to Office 365 or Live Exchange servers with this tool for administrators and Outlook users alike. During the conversion process, it also restores accidentally deleted mail contents from Outlook OST files.
By retrieving mailbox items from the damaged OST file, the software helps users fix typical Outlook OST file-related errors, such as OST is not an Outlook data file, send/receive an error and so on.
Prominent and Important EdbMails Features
The software easily recovers large OST files and maintains perfect data consistency on both the source and target. As a result, it is an excellent choice for converting the OST file without losing any data. The Personal Edition pricing plan starts at $39 and is designed specifically for home and personal use. It can be installed on a maximum of two computers and supports all OST to PST conversion features. If you want more functionality and installation on multiple computers, the Corporate or Technical Edition is the best choice. Let’s start with the Personal Edition’s features before moving on to the other two.
EdbMails OST Converter Personal Edition
- Convert all types of OST files to PST including those from IMAP and Exchange added accounts.
- Convert both large and small OST files without restrictions
- Offline conversion completely in your local environment.
- Filter and preview options to perform selective conversion
- Recover and convert encrypted OST files without requiring any keys.
- Convert individual mails to various formats including that of HTML, EML and MHT.
- Free customer support 24×7 along with lifetime software licenses and many more.
EdbMails Corporate Premium Edition
- All the features of the Personal License Edition included
- Allows you to install EdbMails on multiple PC’s in a single location
- Allows you to perform direct OST migration to Office 365 and Exchange.
EdbMails Technician Edition:
- All the features of the Corporate Premium Edition included.
- An advanced version for Data Recovery and Computer Maintenance Firms
- Allows EdbMails installation on multiple PC’s and also in multiple locations.
- Supports direct import from OST to the latest Office 365 and Exchange
The EdbMails OST to PST software has a free trial version that allows you to scan and convert 30 mail items from an OST file. This is an excellent option for those who want to thoroughly test the software and all of its features before committing to a specific license edition as described above. It’s worth noting that once you buy a license, all of your settings from the free trial version are carried over to the specific license without loss. EdbMails also does not require any software activation or serial keys to be used. The purchased license is associated with your email address.
Software Specifications and System Requirements
You can run EdbMails software on any computer that meets the following system requirements.
- Any Windows operating system such as 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or 11 (64-bit or 32-bit)
- Pentium class processor with minimum 1GHz processing speed
- 512 MB of RAM (minimum) or 4 GB of RAM (recommended)
- Sufficient storage to store the output PST file and a minimum of 20 MB free space on your hard disk for EdbMails software installation.
Starting steps to use EdbMails OST to PST converter software
1. To get started, simply download and run EdbMails on your computer, then follow these instructions.
2. Open the EdbMails OST Converter and select OST from the drop down menu. Next, navigate to the OST file’s location and allow the software to recover the entire contents. Based on our testing and experience, it can easily recover large OST files in 5 minutes, which is quite fast for users looking to recover large sized files. When the recovery is complete, this tool displays a quick overview of all the mail items in the left panel.
3. The software provides an expanded view of all mail items in addition to the standard OST file viewing. Using the filter option, you can preview and search specific emails. Choose the emails you want to save to PST format, then click Export to Outlook PST.
4. Select ‘Browse’ and then ‘OK’ to save the output PST in a different location. The software begins the OST to PST conversion process and displays a message when it is finished.
5. If converting to PST is not an option, EdbMails supports converting to other file formats such as EML, MHT, and HTML, as well as direct migration to Office 365 and Live Exchange servers. Apart from PST, you do not need to have MS Outlook installed on your system to perform these additional conversion operations. The Corporate and Technical Editions support the Office 365 and live Exchange import features. However, you are welcome to test this feature using the software’s free trial version.
EdbMails OST Converter software, which can recover mailboxes from orphaned or corrupted OST files, is one of the excellent tools for Exchange IT administrators, Office 365 and Outlook users. You can also use the software to recover accidentally deleted emails or mail items from the server. The software performed consistently well in our tests, with no missing mail items after conversion demonstrating its reliability. Even after the conversion, all of the folders and the folder hierarchy were exactly preserved. Managing your email folders no longer necessitates extra time or effort on your part. The program can also retrieve and convert OST files regardless of file size or other constraints and can be used to quickly restore or read OST files from its interface. Additionally, you can use this tool to directly import the contents to Office 365, to transition to another Exchange server or perform Office 365 tenant migration. We recommend that you use the trial version of the software, which allows you to test all of the features at your leisure and see how well it works for you.
Along with OST conversion and recovery, if you are a regular Exchange or Office 365 user, you should be aware of Sigsync Office 365 email signature software, which can assist you in managing company-wide signatures and disclaimers from a single centralized location. Sigsync includes a full-featured signature editor playground where you can design or create your own personalized signature from scratch. If you want to accelerate the process, it also provides you with hundreds of ready-made templates. It is also rule-based, allowing you to include and change signatures for specific Senders or Recipients in real time. This makes it simple to run targeted marketing campaigns or schedule signatures for specific customers or events. If you want to learn more about this service (which was created by the same people who created EdbMails), click on the link above.