As a vegan, there are many things that you don’t consume, and this may limit our selection of food products in many ways. However, with a great recipe and a step to step guide, you can make a whipped vegan cream in a few minutes. You will make something that is fluffy and decadent and which is perfect for every vegan. Especially if you love whipped creams that contain strawberries, or anything else that is not vegan, you can have something great in the summer. Luckily, the options that exist are many, and if you put in some creativity, you can enjoy delicious whipped creams in many tastes.
Why Vegans don’t use regular whipped cream?
There are many versions of whipped creams that are available in the market and some of them are not great for vegans. Most of them have cow’s milk and other products that are not very friendly to vegans. Unless they get something that is purely plant-based, there is no possibility of a vegan using it.
However, you don’t have to worry about making a vegan whipped cream because the entire procedure is easy. Let’s learn how to make a coconut whipped cream that is made using canned coconut milk. But remember that if you may need an alternative to try, you can go for soy-based vegan creams.
Procedure for making Vegan Whipped Cream
- Put a can of coconut milk inside the fridge and get it chilled overnight.
- The next day, put the mixing bowl inside the freezer for minutes before you start making whipped cream.
- Remove your can of coconut milk outside the fridge and ensure that you don’t shake it. Scoop the hard section into the cooled mixing bowl and ensure that the watery section remains on the part of the can.
- Using a whipped cream charger that is filled with nitrous oxide, whip the coconut cream until when it has become fluffy. Use sweeteners of your choice to make it taste better.
- Serve it fresh, or chill it for later use.
Vegan Whipped Cream Recipe Tips
- Know that it’s of importance to chill your coconut milk overnight to make it harden up. Very soft coconut will not whip properly.
- When removing the coconut milk from the fridge, ensure that you don’t shake it. The cream should be at the top of the can all the time and should be hardened. Scoop the hard part and leave the watery section of the coconut at the bottom side of the can and leave it there.
- Before you commence whipping the cream, ensure that you put it inside the freezer for a few minutes.
- If you feel that the coconut cream is too thick, add a few ounces of the watery part and the thickness will be okay.
Making your vegan whipped cream should be easy and an interesting experience. It takes a short time, and with the right recipe, you can make a tasty cream for home use or even for your bar. Exercise creativity, and you will be able to make a tasty whipped cream for your guests or loved ones.