A car has a complex arrangement of electrical and mechanical components. The entire framework has frictional components, is filled with flammable liquids and has electrical wiring running through the system. To ensure that the car is running seamlessly, all these components must be working in the best condition. Hence, regular car servicing is a must here. However, mechanical failures are unsolicited. Fire on a car can be a fatal thing. It can prove accidental for those sitting in the car and for those who are around it.
There can be several reasons for fire in the car, like a car collision, fuel leakage or electrical failure. Irrespective of the reason for the fire, one must know the way out. One must always be prepared for it. If there is a sudden fire outbreak while you are driving, what should be the right course of action? This article highlights the right way to escape when there is a fire outbreak in the car.
Probable reasons that can lead to a fire in the car:
There can be several reasons accounting for the fire in the car. These include:
- Damage in the vehicle because of collision
- Malfunctioning of the fuel system of the car
- Breakage in the fuel pipe and others.
While one cannot control the external impact like collisions, regular servicing of the car ensures that there is no problem with the inner component of the car, and everything is working in top-notch conditions.
The right course of action in case of a fire outbreak in the car
Unfortunately, there can be incidences wherein you may face this situation, and merely panicking will not be helpful. The following section guides you with the right course of action if your car catches up the fire.
- Stop and switch off the ignition- The first thing you must do is switch off the car immediately and move out of it. Try to stop the car on one side of the road to prevent further damage.
- Move away from the car- Once you move out of the car, make sure that you try to move away from the vehicle. Sometimes the inflammable liquid of the vehicle may catch up the fire, and it will result in exploring, which can be life-threatening. So, make sure that you distance yourself from the car as soon as you move out of the car.
- Always keep a portable fire extinguisher in your car– One must always be prepared. Having a portable fire extinguisher in the car is a must. If you notice that the car is catching fire, you can use this extinguisher to save yourself. You should choose a reliable fire extinguisher manufacturer in India.
- Never try to open the bonnet of the car– In case the car is on flame, you must not try to open the car’s bonnet. The flames may flare up this case and worsen the condition.
These are a few ways that can help you in case the vehicle catches fire. Such a situation is no less than a nightmare, but the right course of action can save you. So, make sure that you have the number of the car service centre handy.
If you want to get a fire extinguisher for your car, you can look out for lifesafety.in which is one of the best fire extinguisher manufacturers in India. Life Safety, a company that is relatively a new fire extinguisher manufacturer in India, manufactures state-of-the-art fire extinguishers for home, offices, cars and various other purposes.