PM Kisan is a central sector program 100% funded by the Government of India. It started working on December 1, 2018. Under the scheme, income support of £6,000 a year in three equal instalments will be given to all farming families with the land.
To apply under this program, a farmer can visit a local Patwari, a revenue officer or an agency appointed by the respective state government. Candidates can even apply online by visiting the official website of pm kisan registration can be done.
Services provided by PM Kisan Scheme; PM Kisan provides various services on PM Kisan official website.
- eKYC: All recipients must link their Aadhar for KYC. The government has facilitated PM Kisan KYC registration on its website.
- Online Refund: Farmers who were paid under the program but were found to be ineligible for a refund. They can do this easily through the portal.
- Register New Farmers: New farmers can sign up for the program online in minutes.
- Edit Aadhaar error record: This option allows farmers to edit their Aadhar details.
- Verify PM Kisan status of beneficiaries: Farmers can check the status of payments by accessing the Recipient Status option on the website.
- Update Self-Registered Farmers: Registered farmers can easily change their details on the portal.
The following categories of people with higher economic conditions are not eligible for benefits under this program.
- All land owners are organizations.
- Farm families fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Past and current constitutional officeholders
- Past and present Ministers/Ministers of State Ministers/Ministers and former/current members of LokSabha/RajyaSabha/State Legislative Council/State Legislative Council,
- All serving and retired civil servants of central and state ministries. Central or state PES and government offices/autonomous agencies, as well as regular employees of local agencies.
- All pensioners/retirees with a monthly pension of Rs 10,000 / – or more
- All persons who have paid income tax in the previous tax year
- Professionals such as doctors, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants and architects registered with professional bodies and practice their practice by practice.
Prime Minister Kisan Yojana provides financial support to eligible farmers. Under this program, the following benefits are provided to the beneficiaries:
- Financial aid: The program provides Rs 6,000 per beneficiary for a financial year. The amount is disbursed in three instalments of Rs 2,000 each, 4 months apart.
- Easy access to money: The government transfers this money directly to the beneficiary farmer’s account. Farmers can easily withdraw the amount from their accounts.
- Retirement: Under this scheme, farmers have to add an amount of Rs 55 up to a maximum of Rs 200 to the pension fund until they turn 60. Once the beneficiary reaches the age of 60, they can receive a subsidy of Rs 3,000.
- Credit card loan: Prime Minister Kisan Saman Nidhi Yojana also lends Kisan a credit card at a very low-interest rate. This can help farmers in times of financial emergency.
The Scheme’s definition of family is a spouse and minor children. The state government and the UT regulator will determine eligible farm families for assistance by program guidelines. There are different categories of exclusions for the plan.