On average, only every tenth project in the field of mobile application development is profitable. People are using smartphones more and more, but the number of mobile products is growing, the average session time is decreasing, and user attention is becoming more expensive every year. Every day the number of mobile startups is growing, but many of them do not survive more than a few months, while others have been on the market for several years. Why?
Application development today
If earlier successful foreign products were copied, then recently the approach to development has become thoughtful and accurate. Also, more and more people began to resort to the use of specialized development services, one of which is ronasit. They save your time and give a guaranteed result, but you need to be responsible when choosing a partner company.
Today, creating a mobile application consists of seven steps:
- Analytics of the chosen niche – what products existed and exist in this area; why some closed, while others at the peak of popularity.
- Preparing a marketing strategy – putting forward hypotheses and ideas, describing a plan for testing them.
- Development of technical specifications with a full description of the functionality of the product
- Design development and MVP
- Soft launch of the product with checking the performance and profitability of the created model for different categories of users
- Finalizing the MVP for the next iteration
- Further product development with updates
How to get the most
The history of the development of the mobile market in Russia, the experience of launching applications at the current time and monitoring the entire IT field lead to the following success factors:
- If you have an idea for a mobile startup, don’t implement it right away. First, analyze the market, think about how you will promote the application, and test the hypothesis for MVP.
- In the implementation, discard everything superfluous. When we work with customers from Europe, they almost always adhere to the following rule: for at least a week, all possible functionality is thought through, then exactly the same amount of time is spent thinking about what can be thrown away.
- If, without a feature, app users can still achieve the goal they set it for, discard it without hesitation.
- User attention is key. If you manage to grow an audience, but you cannot monetize it, this is not a problem. You have already won.
- Don’t mindlessly copy other ideas. Behind the visible part of any project lies a lot of marketing work. First you need to design the promotion, then the product itself.
- Promotion is at least 70% of all work. This is not only the cost of advertising, agreements with opinion leaders and many other standard steps. First of all, this is understanding the needs of users, observing how they solve their problems today, why they do it in this way, why they will choose your product. Your mobile application should include all the functions necessary for promotion from the very beginning, which is why the technical task for development is done only after the development of a marketing strategy.